Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Avoiding worry where possible

I had to have a yearly physical this week, which actually was a 15 month one, since I put these things off as long as I can. Sound familiar?

Part and parcel of the checkup is the requisite blood test with the (gulp) 14 hour fast. As in most things, tell me I can't have something and I want it all the more. That's human nature. So when I have to have these blood tests done, I usually spend a lot of time figuring out when the absolute best, easiest time to do it would be. This can take several days if not weeks. So this time, I decided to heed some advice I read in a book on worrying. Do the difficult things right away, and save yourself all of that energy you would have spent worrying about them by getting them over with.

So that's what I did. I got the script yesterday and the ink was barely dry when I took it to the lab today for the blood work. The tech there is very good, and had no problems with my Vanishing Veins, which have discombobulated many other techs in the past.

Now the tests are done and I don't have to think about it for another 12, er...., 15 months.

I am going to try this get-it-over-quick technique again, sort of the yank-the-band-aid-off-in-one-quick-pull school of thought, but for today, I am resting on my laurels and feeling pretty good that I outsmarted myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment