Friday, March 18, 2011

First Moments of Spring


Spring flowers appearing in San Francisco, soon to be here!
 It's 72 degrees here and I am sitting outside on the deck. There is not much green to be seen in my view, and a pretty heady wind is blowing. But there is no denying that it feels like spring. Hallelujah!

Last night was the first night I could crank open the window above my sink and feel the warm sweet air filling the kitchen. I always relish that first day when the house is too warm and I can cool it down by cracking the window for a short while. Since it is still mid-March, the outside air eventually got too cold and I had to close the window. But this is a true harbinger of spring for me.

I don't know what your first impressions of spring are, but I hope you enjoy them. The full-fledged season of rebirth and all of its beauty will be here soon. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. I love the first bursts of color! It's like a sign of better things to come.

    ReplyDelete