Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

It's raining today, a continuation of yesterday's all dayer. It's not even April and we are getting showers. After the record-breaking amount of snow we had this past winter, we probably don't need any moisture on the ground for weeks to come, but Mother Nature doesn't work that way. And so it is raining and dreary -- again.

It surprises me how much a dark and dull day can affect my mood. Sunny days are just so much more, well -- sunny. My energy level is higher and my outlook on life much more positive. Launching a new project on a sunny day generally means that I can expect a much higher chance of success with it than for one begun in the drearies.

Knowing that, I probably shoudln't be living where I do in Pittsburgh, PA, a city I do love. The Steel City is known for a lot of things -- three rivers, the Steelers and Penguins, friendly folk -- but not for being a sunny locale. We have won lots of contests for Most Liveable City etc. based on several criteria, but having an abundance of bright and sunny days isn't one of them.

Too bad. It's a great place to live but today it's a lot harder to work up some enthusiasm to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment