Friday, March 26, 2010

You will feel a little prick.

This morning I had to have blood drawn for my yearly checkup following a 14 hour fast, not my favorite thing to do. Going without food that long is not too much of a big deal, until you actually tell me I can't eat. Then I want to nosh on everything in sight.

The blood-taking rules also forbid coffee, which is enough to send me into a catatonic state. My morning routine always includes a cup of coffee before I present myself to the world and the world is very happy that I do that. Saves a lot of wear and tear on other people.

The waiting room was pretty full when I got there and then when it seemed to be my turn -- with me clutching my script and insurance card in one hand to save time --the tech called in another man first. What the....? That phlebotomist had no idea how close he came to having an incident in his waiting room! Film at 11.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the coffee ban is the worst! I go through this every three months at my doctor visits and every so often she'll say, "Oh, we don't need to do bloodwork today." Arrrggghhh!
    Congrats on the new blog. Let's do lunch to celebrate.

    lori k

    ReplyDelete